EH&S Field Specialist Responsibilities
In the oil and gas industry, environmental health and safety professionals support gas plants, oil rigs, drilling operations, and pipelines in helping them comply with state and federal environmental and safety requirements. They may perform some of the following duties:
- Implement company EH&S programs and develop procedures that will ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies
- Train employees in environmental, health, and safety procedures
- Track and report the status of regulatory compliance and plans for improvement
- Maintain Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) logs, along with other governmental and corporate database records
- Help management and workers understand OSHA and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and standards, including guidance on how to handle OSHA/EPA compliance, inspections, and citations
- Function as a resource and mentor to facility safety teams
- Develop and implement programs for waste management, erosion control, spill prevention and control, and potable water and sewage disposal
- Maintain a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) system
- Organize and maintain an accident-control program
- Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions
- Investigate all injuries and potentially hazardous situations
EH&S field specialists must have a working knowledge of OSHA regulations with the ability to apply those regulations to situations at the job site. They need to have experience dealing with all levels of employees, from entry-level employees to upper-level management. EH&S field specialists are proven multi-taskers and team players able to work within a group, take direction from supervisors, and exhibit tenacious follow through with great attention to detail.
To view the rest of this page, you will need to be a Premium Member.You are visiting the Members Section as a Free BASIC Member
. You will only have access to a limited amount of Job Hunting Tools and Content. For full access you will need to upgrade to a PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.